Mercury is in Retrograde from January 5 - 25, 2016.
3 weeks, 3 times a year (4 times in some years) = 2 to 3 months per year -- That’s a huge chunk of your life to spend in fear of doing stuff...
Here's what you CAN do during Mercury Retrograde:
- Reassess -- Starting a new project may not be the best idea right now, but it's a great time to put your current work under the microscope.
- Rebuild -- This is an excellent time to fix something you know is flawed, making it stronger and better than it was before.
- Recheck -- The advice during Mercury Retrograde is to check, recheck, and double-check the details…but when is that not a good idea?
- Reconnect -- Old friends you haven't talked to in ages show up unexpectedly, and you realize the real friendships can be picked up right where you left off.
- Reconsider -- If you've been contemplating moving forward with a decision you're not entirely sure about, maybe you should listen to your gut and think again. Maybe it's okay to change from a Yes back to a No or to an I'm-not-sure.
- Redecorate -- Changing your environment is one of the most powerful ways to shift the energy in your life.
- Rediscover -- Remember that thing you used to love to do? Oh yeah... Go do that!
- Reestablish -- The connections between things can grow frayed, tired, and weak...that doesn't mean they are entirely broken. Before you give up, see if you can reestablish those connections.
- Reevaluate -- Now is the perfect time to pause and reevaluate the intentions you set and whether or not you're heading in the right direction.
- Refile -- Bureaucracy is full of redundancy, but also the opportunity to make corrections and refile some important piece of paperwork.
- Refinish -- Redo an old, drab piece of furniture with a light sanding and a new coat of something-something to bring it back to life.
- Reflect -- Hit the pause button, go for a walking meditation or sit in front of a beautiful view and simply reflect on what has gone before this moment.
- Reframe -- The simplest way to change your life is to reframe negative self-talk into empowering affirmations.
- Refresh -- Control + R. See what may have shown up since you last looked.
- Refuel -- In order to maintain all this powerful action, you have to resupply the energy you're consuming.
- Relax -- You can improve a rule without having to abolish it simply by making it more flexible.
- Release -- Set it free. Let it go. Allow it to flow again.
- Remodel -- Change the structure or form of a physical thing, policy, or procedure. Do it again, differently.
- Renew -- Repeat your vows. Reestablish your intentions and actions after an interruption.
- Renegotiate -- You don't have to live with everything as is. Change the terms.
- Reorganize -- A place for everything and everything in its place. You'll get more accomplished if you stop and put the materials in better order.
- Repair -- If something is suffering from damage or weakness, stop and fix it.
- Replenish -- Burnt out? You can't do anything for anybody if your well has run dry. Take a break to refill whatever resource you've depleted.
- Resolve -- Commit to finding a solution that makes everybody feel better.
- Return -- A lot of courses of action include going back to the beginning.
- Reunite -- Come together. The total effect of the collective effort is greater than the sum of any individual contributions.
- Revamp -- Change the essence of something by changing its appearance. Sometimes image is everything.
- Review -- You have a chance to take a really close look before you send this out the door and make changes if necessary. I know, you're almost done, for God's sake, but you'll be so glad you did.
- Revise -- New information has come to light; something needs to be changed.
- Revisit -- Consider the situation or problem from a different perspective.
- Rework -- Don't throw it out just yet; maybe all it needs is a little updating.
More about Mercury Retrograde There are Constructive Ways to Use Mercury Retrograde.
Image credit Thomas Hawk via Creative Commons on Flickr