In her book, The Lightworker's Way, Doreen Virtue defines Lightworkers as "those who volunteered before birth to help people and the planet heal from the effects of fear."
She also includes a handy checklist that may resonate with you.
You might be a Lightworker if you:
- Feel called to heal
- Feel called to solve social and environmental problems
- Believe spiritual methods can heal
- Have had mystical experiences - such as psychic premonitions, angelic encounters or interventions
- Endured harsh life experience, conditions, or circumstances that have eroded your knowledge of divine perfection, yet the feeling that there is Higher Benevolent Power at work in the Universe persists, in spite of all this
- Want to heal your own life and then the world around you
- Feel compelled to write, teach, or counsel others
- Know in your heart that you are here for a Purpose, even if you are unsure what that purpose is, exactly
The Lightworker's Calling is A Commitment
I must say that I have personally experienced and believe it to be true for others as well: that if you are called to the Lightworker's Way, then returning to your spiritual path and defining your life's purpose is imminent and must be answered to.
You must answer the call to stand in your highest integrity and use your life to serve the greater good - it will not just go away because you are afraid of it, the time isn't right, or you feel like changing your mind…
This awareness will persist - the call will become incessant, like a phone ringing and ringing and never going to voicemail. You may feel that everything else you try to accomplish is blocked or just never seems to pan out…
When you step out of your own shadow and begin to live your life with a selfless, spiritual agenda, you will experience the opposite of struggle. The very things that you fear won't be received well by others, or that might cause you to be judged unfairly, or that will bring more poverty and hardship - you must push past that ego-centered thinking - your difficulties will seem to magically reverse.
Many of us experience a kind of Amnesia - possibly for much of, or for large periods of, our lives - as the result of difficult life experiences, or what is considered "normal" social conditioning.
Erin Pavlina is one other medium I know of who also blogs about Spirituality and Life Purpose, and she specializes in helping people remember where they come from.
Lightworker's Mantras and Affirmations:
Where you stumble, there your treasure lies.
On the other side of your fears you will find your fortune.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.